Global Supply Chains have been undergoing a profound transformation during Covid-19 pandemic. Faced with disrupted and shortened supply chains, multinational companies have been looking for alternative places to relocate their overseas production activities and secure their supplier bases with closeness to sources and destination markets.
Considering its manufacturing capabilities, skilled and cost-competitive labor force, proximity to the EU and MENA markets, and international free trade networks, Turkey stands out as an attractive location for the U.S. companies to diversify and secure their supply chain networks.
Investment Office of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey and AmCham Turkey are pleased to launch a new webinar series under 4 thematic topics that are deemed to play a decisive role in Turkey’s integration into GVCs.
“GVC Talks” will be organized consecutively in webinar format with the selected topics:
Panel-1: "Investment Perspective"
Panel-2: "Regional Commercial Relations"
Panel-3: "Regional Trade Relations –Green Deal "
Panel-4: "Tax Mechanism"
GVC Talks-1: "Investment Perspective" – April 5, 2021
First panel session, held in cooperation with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, focused on current investors and new investments. Panelists included:
- Çetin Ali DÖNMEZ, Deputy Minister of Industry & Technology, Republic of Turkey
- Canan ÖZSOY, AmCham Turkey Deputy Chair, General Electric Turkey President & CEO
- Ahmet İhsan ERDEM, Vice President of the Investment Office, Presidency of the Republic of Turkey
- Alvaro ORTIZ, Head of Big Data Research, BBVA
- Dave JOHNSTON, Ford Otosan, Deputy GM
- İhsan KARAGÖZ, Mondelez International, Turkey MD
- Serdar ALEMDAR, ODTÜ Teknokent CEO
Moderator: Hakan GÜLDAĞ & Didem Eryar ÜNLÜ, Dünya
You can WATCH the panel session at: LINK