Global Supply Chains have been undergoing a profound transformation during Covid-19 pandemic. Faced with disrupted and shortened supply chains, multinational companies have been looking for alternative places to relocate their overseas production activities and secure their supplier bases with closeness to sources and destination markets.
Considering its manufacturing capabilities, skilled and cost-competitive labor force, proximity to the EU and MENA markets, and international free trade networks, Turkey stands out as an attractive location for the U.S. companies to diversify and secure their supply chain networks.
Investment Office of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey and AmCham Turkey are pleased to launch a new webinar series under 4 thematic topics that are deemed to play a decisive role in Turkey’s integration into GVCs.
“GVC Talks” will be organized consecutively in webinar format with the selected topics:
Panel-1: "Investment Perspective"
Panel-2: "Regional Commercial Relations"
Panel-3: "Regional Trade Relations –Green Deal "
Panel-4: "Tax Mechanism"
Third panel session, held in cooperation with SKD (Business Council for Sustainable Development), focused on European Green Deal, major opportunities and threats of the Green Deal, Green economy transition approach, Renewable energies, Financing the green transition. Panelists:
- Mehmet Fatih KACIR, Deputy Minister of Industry and Technology, Republic of Turkey
- Ahmet İhsan ERDEM, Vice President of the Investment Office, Presidency of the Republic of Turkey
- Halûk YALÇIN, AmCham Turkey, Board Member & PwC, Partner
- Ebru DİLDAR EDİN, Chair, SKD & Garanti Bank, Vice President
- Fatih EBİÇLİOĞLU, President, Durable Goods, Koç Holding
- Şule KILIÇ, Deputy Head, Turkey, EBRD
- Hacı Ali ULUTAŞ, Vice President, EPDK
- Tommaso PONSELE, CEEMEA Debt Capital Markets, MD,Citi
Moderator: Didem ERYAR ÜNLÜ, Dünya Newspaper
You can WATCH the panel session at: LINK