Global supply chains have been undergoing a profound transformation long before the Covid-19 pandemic which has revealed this transformation and exposed the weak links in the supply networks. Faced with disrupted and shortened supply chains, multinational companies have been looking for alternative places to relocate their overseas production activities and secure their supplier bases with closeness to sources and destination markets. Considering its manufacturing capabilities, skilled and cost-competitive labor force, proximity to the EU and MENA markets, and international free trade networks, Turkey stands out as an attractive location for the U.S. companies to diversify and secure their supply chain networks.
AmCham Turkey, in cooperation with the Investment Office of the Presidency and Citibank organized a webinar on “Re-Thinking Global Value Chains: Turkey & the US” with the participation of;
- Burak Dağlıoğlu,President of the Investment Office, Presidency of the Republic of Turkey
- Tankut Turnaoğlu, AmCham Turkey/ABFT Chair
- Canan Özsoy, AmCham Turkey/ABFT Deputy Chair and General Electric, Turkey President & CEO
- Ayşem Sargın, Boeing Turkey, Managing Director & Country Executive
- Emre Karter, CEO of Citibank Turkey
- Necmettin Kaymaz, U.S. Country Director for Investment Office, Presidency of the Republic of Turkey