AmCham Turkey Public & Government Affairs Committee organized a series of U.S. Virtual Doorknock meetings with the following overarching objectives:
• Position the US business network in Turkey as an active solution partner in the regulatory and policy framework within US-Turkey economic relations.
• Bring out US-Turkey business relations as the area for continued positive engagement in bilateral relations.
• Encourage more and continuous contact, communication and engagement with US policy makers and executives towards a more enabling business environment in Turkey.
Please find below the list of meetings held during November – December, 2021:
• David de Falco, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Europe and Eurasia, Dept. Of Commerce
• Daniel Mullaney, Assistant USTR for Europe and the Middle East
• Erik Brattberg, Director of the Europe Program and Fellow, and Alper Çoşkun from Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
• Erika Olson, Department of State DAS (Deputy Assistant Secretary)
• Steve Cohen, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Tennessee,Co-Chair of U.S. Congress – Turkish Coalition of America
• Alan Makovsky, Senior Fellow for National Security and International Policy, Center for American Progress
• Matan Chorev, Principal Deputy Director of the Secretary of State's Policy Planning Staff, Dept. of State
• Naz Durakoğlu, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary in the Bureau of Legislative Affairs, Department of State
• Soner Çağaptay, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
• Daphne McCurdy, Foreign Policy Advisor for Senator Jeff Merkley, Senator from Oregon
• Matthew McLaughlin, Foreign Affairs Legislative Assistant of Congressman Gerry Conolly D-VA
• Amad Judeh, Director of the Office of the Africa Nations and Middle East, Office of International Affairs, Department of Treasury